Diretide’s return in 2020 has definitely been unexpected but
completely welcome and for almost a week now, we’ve all jumped head-first back
into one of the craziest event modes – but unfortunately, nerfs were needed and
they have come to some.
With Diretide being in full swing and everyone testing out
different heroes to see which might be the best for claiming all the Taffy
possible, we were likely to see some fair a lot better than others – which has
been the case. Invisible heroes and especially Clinkz have made their presence
felt as Death Pact could easily turn the (Dire)tides of battle, especially in
the later rounds of combat. This has seen a nerf to that hero in particular and
a buff to true sight to reveal all the invisible units trying to steal your
- True Sight Radius on Home Buckets and Taffy
Wells increased from 1000 to 1200.
- Scarecrow Stashes now have True Sight in a 1000
radius that reveals all heroes on both teams.
- Player owned non-hero units deal only 25% of
their normal damage to the home bucket for purposes of stealing candy.
- Taffy Guardians take 50% damage from player owned,
- Reduced sentry ward stock time from 85 to 60.
- Reduced sentry ward cost from 75 to 50.
- Reduced dust gold cost from 80 to 50.
- Reduced TP scroll cooldown from 80 to 45.
- Clinkz Death Pact benefit from Rotting Hulks and
Festering Hulks (Round 3) reduced from 40% to 25%.
- Clinkz Death Pact benefit from Volatile
Arachnids (Round 5) reduced from 25% to 10%.
As can be seen above, Clinkz has been hit with a rather
large nerf-hammer when it comes to the effectiveness of Death Pact, as well as an
increase in true sight around stashes, buckets and wells. Alongside this, ward
costs and stock times were also reduced to combat the nuisance of the invisible
These changes should change a lot of the picks coming into
the Diretide event moving forward and it remains to be seen if other heroes are
hit with the same nerf-hammer the way Clinkz has been.
Source: Read Full Article