Riot Games’ newest game Wild Rift is receiving plenty of new champions and new skins for beta testing. The game’s release date is still undetermined, but players are more than excited to try the game out for the mobile versions of their favorite champions.
Wild Rift has been teased for the past few months now, and it’s nowhere close to being released yet. In the meantime, they’ve recently opened up regional closed beta testing to all iOS users through a simple sign-up. Through this, players can let Riot know what needs to be improved in the game, and how they can do better in terms of abilities, items, and graphics. To fans’ surprise, Riot pushed out plenty of new updates, including new Wild Rift champions and 5 new skins.
In a recent Dev Diary, Riot Developer Brian Feeney updated fans with how beta testing is going. He shared that the feedback they received has been helpful, and that they’re ready to step it up. First, they explain how Wild Rift‘s Ranked system works.
A new Ranked system
Wild Rift‘s Ranked system begins at level 10. Players will be seeded into ranked tiers similar to League of Legends, from Iron to Challenger including a new tier, Emerald. Additionally, each tier before Master has 4 divisions.
- For Iron to Emerald ranks, every game you win grants you a Ranked Mark. Every loss removes one. You’ll need to earn five Ranked marks to rank up.
- Diamond ranks and above switch to a Victory points system, similar to League‘s PC points system.
- As you play, you’ll fill up Ranked Fortitude, rewarding you when you play well and protecting you from loss.
- Once full, Fortitude is automatically consumed. This will grant you protection from losing Ranked Marks when your team loses.
- There will be weekly caps to the Fortitude system
The newest champions in Wild Rift are Varus, Sona, Dr. Mundo, Amumu, Jarvan IV, and Singed. Along with the new champions, there will be an added list of new skins as well.
Players can purchase skins and other exclusive content through Wild Rift‘s version of RP: Wild Cores.
Riot will return all Wild Core purchases at the end of the test. Players will receive an extra 20% bonus as a “thank you.”
Other updates include:
- Adjusting Turret health and defenses
- Adding more advanced control features, including a new semi-lock camera
- New long-range skill shot features
- Minimap will now all for global ults to aim from the center of the screen
- New Announcer updates
- Custom layouts
- Moveable scoreboards
- Fog of War updates
Stay tuned to Daily Esports for more Wild Rift news and updates!
Source: Read Full Article