Returnal’s latest patch contains a number of fixes for some of the game’s minor problems, although there’s still no news of a potential save system.
Returnal is an excellent game that is very well-polished for the most part, but even the best-built games need patches. The game’s latest 1.1.3 patch has fixed a number of smaller issues that have been irritating a minority of players over the past week. According to the patch notes (via Gamespot), these fixes include trophy bugs and even increases the number of scout corpses to help players find those elusive Scout Logs.
Here’s the full list of fixes:
- Fixed an issue where certain Trophies might not unlock under specific gameplay conditions. Note: missing Trophies will need to be replayed to unlock.
- Multiple stability fixes addressing rare crashes/hangs.
- Fixed issue with pre-order suits occasionally blocking item collection and door opening.
- Fixed incorrect healing behavior when resting in Helios
- Configuration changes to increase the number of scout corpses available in all biomes.
- Fixed issues with certain custom controller mappings.
- Numerous minor fixes and improvements.
However, it’s important to note that there have been reports of the patch actually causing more crashes than its fixing. There are even reports that this new patch is causing some people’s save files to become corrupted. If you’re currently in the middle of a run or are planning to return to the planet Atropos soon, you’re likely best off playing something else until Housemarque releases a fix.
Unfortunately, there’s still no sign that developer Housemarque is working on a potential save and quit system for Returnal, a feature that has been massively requested by the Returnal community due to the length of each run. Housemarque has commented after an explosion of requests on Reddit but still hasn’t announced if it’s something the developer has plans for in a future update.
For those of you yet to play Returnal, the game is a fast-paced, third-person shooter with difficult, bullet-hell combat. The game is currently available exclusively for PS5 and takes advantage of the fancy new features of the DualSense controller. If you’d like to learn more about Returnal, you can read our review here.
Source: Read Full Article