- Sons Of Hodir
- From Hated To Exalted
- The Opening Quest Chain
- Questing To Exalted
- Quests In Dun Niffelem
- Daily Quests
- Reputation Rewards From The Sons of Hodir
An MMORPG is designed to be a living world, meaning profound changes happen every so often. If we like them, they can happen again, which is why everyone loves virtual worlds. That also explains the popularity of World of Warcraft: Classic, which is enjoying some nostalgia with the re-release of its most popular expansion, Wrath of the Lich King.
The old game was known for the grind, not only for levels but for reputation, and the Sons of Hodir remains one of the most notorious in the whole continent of Northrend. The rewards for reaching Exalted with this elusive faction are some of the most coveted in the whole World of Warcraft and include a mount, best-in-slot enchants, and other rare goodies.
You'll need Cold Weather Flying to reach the Sons of Hodir, which means you won't be able to even visit their home and start grinding rep with them until level 77.
Flying training is required, but not a mount – the Loaned Gryphon Reins or Loaned Wind Rider Reins are available from Honest Max in K3.
Sons Of Hodir
Who They Are
The Sons of Hodir are similar to Storm Giants, one of which you might have met in Zul'Drak while doing the quest chain involving Gymer the Giant. Way up north, where the road is a glacier and the mountains cast frozen shadows over the hidden valley of K9, is where your trek begins to find the Sons of Hodir.
Where To Find Them
Look for an icy fortress on the side of a mountain in the eastern part of the zone. This is their home, Dun Niffelem, where you'll also find Quartermaster Lillehoff, and their king, who also has a few quests that need doing. After these initial quest lines are done, this is where most of the daily quests appear.
Why It's Important
The rewards include enchantments for your shoulder slot item. These are the best-in-slot options for several classes and, therefore, mandatory for those who want to run heroics or prepare characters for raiding. There are also mammoth mounts and recipes for Tailors, Jewelcrafters, and Leatherworkers.
From Hated To Exalted
Most reputation grinds start at Neutral, which gives you a bit less to do, but the Sons of Hodir just hate your guts when this thing starts. Remember the Bloodsail Buccaneers grind back in Old Azeroth?
Another comparable grind is for the Reins of the Netherdrake in Outland. If you finished either one, this should be a breeze.
The Sons of Hodir is a long grind, but it's easy to follow the linear quest chain through the snowy peaks of this zone while enjoying the scenery and storyline. The action starts in the neutral goblin town of K9, the only settlement in Storm Peaks accessible by ground mount in the zone.
The Opening Quest Chain
This quest chain is a lot of fun and offers some handy and valuable rewards, but not all of the quests award reputation.
However, this quest chain must be completed to even start making nice with the Sons of Hodir. It's recommended to visit K9 and speak to Gretchen Fizzlespark as soon as your character hits level 77 and has Cold Weather Flying.
|Quest||NPC and Location||Reward|
|They Took Our Men!||Gretchen Fizzlespark||21,800 exp, choice of armor pieces|
|Leave No Goblin Behind||Gretchen Fizzlespark||10,800 exp|
|The Crone's Bargain||Lok'lira the Crone||21,800 exp|
|Mildred the Cruel||Lok'lira the Crone||2,200 exp|
|Discipline||Mildred the Cruel||10,900 exp, choice of armor pieces|
|Examples to be Made||Mildred the Cruel||10,900 exp, three gold, and 60 silver|
|A Certain Prisoner||Mildred the Cruel||5,450 exp|
|A Change of Scenery||Lok'lira the Crone||2, 200 exp|
|Is That Your Goblin?||Lok'lira the Crone||11,050 exp, six gold and 63 silver|
|The Hyldsmeet||Lok'lira the Crone||2, 200 exp|
|Taking On All Challengers||Lok'lira the Crone||22,050 exp, choice of armor pieces|
|You'll Need a Bear||Lok'lira the Crone||11,050 exp, six gold and 63 silver, an Emblem of Heroism|
|Bearly Hanging On||Brijana||22,050 exp, seven gold and 40 silver|
|Cold Hearted||Brijana||22,050 exp, seven gold and 40 silver|
|Deemed Worthy||Brijana||11,050 exp, six gold and 70 silver|
|Making a Harness||Astrid Bjornrittar||22,050 exp, 13 gold and 23 silver, choice of armor pieces|
|The Last of Her Kind||Astrid Bjornrittar||22,050 exp, 13 gold and 23 silver|
|The Slithering Darkness||Astrid Bjornrittar||22,050 exp, seven gold and 40 silver, choice of armor pieces|
|The Warm-Up||Astrid Bjornrittar||16,550 exp, nine gold and 93 silver|
|Into the Pit||Astrid Bjornrittar||22,050 exp, seven gold and 40 silver|
|Prepare for Glory||Astrid Bjornrittar||2,200 exp, 72 silver|
|Lok'lira's Parting Gift||Lok'lira the Crone||5,500 exp, three gold and 90 silver|
|The Drakkensryd||Gretta the Arbiter||27,550 exp, 16 gold and 53 silver, choice of armor pieces|
|Sibling Rivalry||Thorim||16,550 exp, five gold and 80 silver, choice of armor pieces|
Questing To Exalted
After completing the initial quest line, your character should be of an Honored reputation with the Sons of Hodir and will be sent to a Frost Giant NPC named Thorim to continue the chain. This is the point where you will start gaining reputation points for the faction.
|Mending Fences||Thorim||22,050 experience, 22,000 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, seven gold and 40 silver|
|The Refiner's Fire||Refined Gleaming Ore||22,050 exp, seven gold and 40 silver|
|Mending Fences||Thorim||22,050 exp, 22,000 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, seven gold and 40 silver|
|A Spark of Hope||Fjorn's Anvil||16,550 exp, 22,000 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, Emblem of Heroism, five gold and 80 silver|
Quests In Dun Niffelem
|Forging an Alliance||Thoirim||22,050 experience, 250 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, seven gold, and 40 silver, choice of armor|
|You Can't Miss Him||King Jokkum||Speak to Njormeld to get the "Battling The Elements" quest.|
|Battling the Elements||Njormeld||5 Emblems of Heroism|
|In Memoriam||King Jokkum||22,050 experience, 250 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, seven gold, and 40 silver|
|A Monument to the Fallen||King Jokkum||11,050 experience, 75 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, Emblem of Heroism, three gold and 90 silver|
|Forging a Head||Njormeld||22,050 experience, 250 reputation with The Sons of Hodir|
|Placing Hodir's Helm||Njormeld||5,500 experience, 150 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, Emblem of Heroism, one gold and 90 silver|
|Forging Hodir's Spear||Lorekeeper Randvir||22,050 experience, 250 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, Emblem of Heroism, seven gold and 40 silver|
After all the above quests are done, the following Daily Quests open up. Your reputation should be at Honored level now, and these dailies are intended for the grind to Exalted.
|Hot and Cold||Fjorn's Anvil||22,050 experience, 350 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, seven gold, and 40 silver|
|Hodir's Call||Hodir's Horn||22,050 experience, 350 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, seven gold, and 40 silver|
|A Viscous Cleaning||Hodir's Horn||22,050 experience, 350 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, seven gold and 40 silver|
|Spy Hunter||Frostworg Denmother||22,050 experience, 350 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, seven gold, and 40 silver|
|How To Slay Your Dragon||Hodir's Spear||27,550 experience, 500 reputation with The Sons of Hodir, 14 gold and 80 silver|
|Hodir's Tribute||Quartermaster Lillehoff||500 reputation with The Sons of Hodir|
|Remember Everfrost!||Calder||350 reputation with The Sons of Hodir *Note – this quest is repeatable, not a daily, so you can turn in as many Everfrost as often as you want.|
On top of reputation and the usual quest rewards, several of the quests included at this level reward you with Hyldnir Spoils.
This bag of random items can contain something as benign as snowballs and cheese, but you can get lucky and find one of the most sought-after mounts in the game, the White Polar Bear.
Considering we're in Northrend, it's odd that this is the only polar bear mount available, but that's why everyone wants it.
Reputation Rewards From The Sons of Hodir
There aren't any items available from Quartermaster Lillehoff until you reach at least an Honored Reputation. He will still buy any items you have to sell when you're in Dun Niffelem and need to empty your bags.
- Giant Ring Belt Mail Belt. As the name says, this is a ring for a giant, but it fits as a belt for the character. This mail belt gives a buff to critical strike rating and attack power.
- Lesser Inscription of the Axe. Adds 30 attack power and 10 critical strike rating to your shoulders.
- Lesser Inscription of the Crag. Adds 18 spell power and +5 mana regeneration to your shoulders.
- Lesser Inscription of the Pinnacle. Gives an extra +15 to your dodge and +10 to your defense rating, also for your shoulder slot.
- Lesser Inscription of the Storm. Adds 18 spell power and +10 critical strike rating to your shoulders.
- Pattern: Mammoth Mining Bag. A 32-slot mining bag available to Leatherworkers with a skill level of at least 415.
- Spaulders of Frozen Knives. Leather spaulders improve your haste rating and give a +100 to attack power.
- Broken Stalactite. A dagger for Druids, it improves attack power in and out of animal forms, critical strike rating, and hit rating.
- Giant-Friend Kilt. Leather Legs that increase critical strike and spell power.
- Reins of the Ice Mammoth. Available to both Horde and Alliance factions, this is one of those fast mounts unique to Northrend.
- Spaulders of the Giant Lords. These plate shoulders improve your critical strike rating by 58.
- Stalactite Chopper. A one-handed axe that improves your critical strike rating, attack power, and armor penetration.
- Design: Smooth Autumn's Glow Jewelcrafting. A Jewelcrafting recipe available to those with a skill level of 450, the Smooth Authum's Glow gives a +16 to your critical strike rating.
- Greater Inscription of the Axe. Adds 40 attack power and 15 critical strike rating to your shoulders.
- Greater Inscription of the Crag. Adds 24 spell power and +8 mana regeneration to your shoulders.
- Greater Inscription of the Pinnacle. Gives an extra +20 to your dodge and +15 to your defense rating, also for your shoulder slot.
- Greater Inscription of the Storm. Adds 24 spell power and 15 critical strike rating to your shoulders.
- Pattern: Glacial Bag. A pattern for a 22-slot bag, available to Tailors with a skill of 450.
- Reins of the Grand Ice Mammoth. It is not only extra fast but can also carry you and two of your friends, making it ideal for battlegrounds and open-world questing.
Source: Read Full Article