Players have had some time to play through The Last of Us Part II, and there’s been some division over whether it’s a new milestone for the PS4, a narrative masterclass, or a disappointment relative to player expectations. There’s been arguments about the game’s intent, its violence, and its characters. But there’s one thing we can all agree on–the dog they used for motion capture is a very good dog.
Jeremy Yates, the lead animator on The Last of Us Part II, has shared a short, slow-motion video of a dog–it looks like a border collie–doing a running jump in a motion-capture suit. Ironically, it looks to be the exact opposite of a Naughty Dog.
It’s been a long and difficult year, but the eight seconds you spend watching this video, at least, are guaranteed to be good.
It’s enough to make you feel bad for killing so many of the dogs in-game.
Update: More good news–Yates has posted more pictures of the dogs used to motion capture the in-game pooches. Winnie, Moxie, Kippy, and Stetson are here, and now we feel even worse about what we did to their digital canine doppelgangers.
Yates has also revealed that the gracing leaping off these dogs was also used for the deer you’ll see in the distance during the game.
For more fun The Last of Us Part II content, check out Blink 182’s Mark Hoppus covering his own music in-game, and actor Troy Baker’s take on who could play Joel in a movie.
GameSpot’s Play For All–a celebration of all things gaming–is ongoing. Join us as we bring you the summer’s hottest news, previews, interviews, features, and videos, as well as raise money for COVID-19 relief efforts and Black Lives Matter with the help of our friends from around the gaming world. Check out the Play For All schedule for more.
- Last Of Us, Uncharted Dev Talks About Moving To PlayStation 5
- The Last Us Part 2 Ending Explained – What Happened And Why
- The Last Of Us Part 2 Director Explains Away The Game's Pearl Jam Plot Hole
- The Last Of Us 2 Won't Get Story DLC, But An Online Mode Is Coming
- The Last Of Us Part 2: Every Easter Egg And Reference We've Found
- 47 Things You May Have Missed In The Last Of Us Part II
- The Last Of Us 2's Obsession With A Gamer Gotcha Undermines Its Characters
- Last Of Us 2 Sells 4 Million In First Three Days, Setting New Franchise Record
- The Last Of Us 2 Walkthrough Part 9: Santa Barbara (All Collectibles, Spoiler-Free)
- The Last Of Us 2 Walkthrough Part 8: Seattle Day 3 (All Collectibles, Spoiler-Free)
Source: Read Full Article